We are the largest English language South Asian newspaper and website in the GTHA since 1999. We have an immediate opening for a full time Business Development Executive. Knowledge of Hindi, Punjabi language will be an asset. If you have previously sold newspaper, digital or radio advertising or have agency experience we want to speak to you!
Role & Responsibilities
- Advertisement and promotion of our services through cold callings, emails, and social media.
- Generating leads and building relationships.
- Conduction of research to identify new markets and customer needs.
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients.
- Reach out to prospects daily by making outbound cold calls and sending emails.
- Work closely with each prospect from initial contact to qualification, in order to book quality meetings for our Account Executives.
- Be responsible for contacting leaders in small and medium-sized businesses across many different verticals.
- Identify key decision makers and/or key influencers within an organization.
- Clearly communicate the benefits of our product and how it can help potential customers.
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services.
- Creating a pipeline of leads and responding to incoming leads.
- Representing the company and attending networking events.
- Delivering a strong value proposition over any form of communication.
- Identify opportunities to expand our business through new points of contact and up-selling with existing clients.
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients.
- You have 2+ years of sales experience (or a desire to learn!)
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role.
- Knowledge of Ethnic Media in Canada.
- Knowledge in the print & digital marketing.
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls).
- Expert in communicating and drafting emails and native/fluent English speaker.
- Knowledge in MS Office tools and sales related software.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Have a positive attitude, are resilient, and persevere to succeed.
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Completed a university degree or college diploma.
Expected start date: 2022-01-15
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38,000.00-$68,000.00 per year
Tel: 905-673-6625 Ext: 222
EMAIL CV to: J@CanIndia.com