Canada’s engineering profession honoured the remarkable achievements of engineers, , engineering projects and students at the the Engineers Canada Awards Gala in Charlottetown, PE, on Thursday.
Sponsored by TD Insurance, Manulife, Great-West Life and ENCON Group Inc., these annual awards recognize engineering excellence and the winners’ outstanding contributions to their community, to their profession and to the safety and well-being of Canadians.
“We are excited to honour the 2016 award recipients for their contributions to the engineering profession, to their communities and to the safety and well-being of Canadians,” said Engineers Canada CEO Kim Allen, MBA, FEC, FCAE, P.Eng. “This year’s recipients have demonstrated true excellence in their respective fields, and with their accomplishments, they have done the engineering profession proud.”
The 2016 Engineers Canada Award recipients are:
- Dr. Donald Mavinic, PhD, FCAE, P.Eng., (APEGBC) – Gold Medal Award
- Andrew Mill, FEC, P.Eng., Struct.Eng. (APEGBC) – Meritorious Service Award for Professional Service
- Marisa E. Sterling, P.Eng., (PEO) – Meritorious Service Award for Community Service
- SunMine – National Award for an Engineering Project of Achievement
- Lianna Mah, M.Eng., FEC, P.Eng. (APEGBC) – Award for the Support of Women in the Engineering Profession
- Mark Lowey – Award of Journalism Excellence in Engineering
- Nancy Nelson, M.Sc.(T), P.Eng. (PEO) – Medal for Distinction in Engineering Education
- Selena Wilson, P.Eng. (APEGBC) – Young Engineer Achievement Award
- André Marchildon (Engineers Manitoba student member) – Gold Medal Student Award
Engineers Canada is the national organization of the 12 engineering regulators that license the country’s 280,000 members of the profession. -CNW