Court bars Swami Om’s arrest until March 20

Views: 8

New Delhi, March 14 (IANS) A court here on Tuesday extended interim protection from arrest till March 20 to former “Bigg Boss” contestant and self-proclaimed godman Swami Om, who has been accused of molesting and threatening a woman.

Special Judge Hemani Malhotra, who was hearing the anticipatory bail plea of Swami Om, also granted more time to submit the video footage of CCTV installed in the office of the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Daryaganj, to find the truth behind Swami Om’s claim.

Claiming innocence, Swami Om told the court that he had gone to the office of a senior police officer at Daryaganj here on the day the incident is said to have taken place.

Swami Om had moved an anticipatory bail plea, saying that he was falsely implicated in the case, as he had been advocating Indian culture and anti-social elements wanted to stop his “social activity”.

His counsel advocate A.P. Singh assured the court that if granted anticipatory bail, Om would not misuse his liberty.

A woman has lodged an FIR against Swami Om and Santosh Anand, accusing them of wrongfully restraining and abusing her, and committing objectionable acts.

The woman in her complaint alleged that the accused had ripped off her clothes on February 7.

The complaint was registered at Indraprastha Estate police station.

–IANS

akk/sm/vt

Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *