Canindia News

DMK under pressure to prove Karunanidhi’s legacy: Rajini

Chennai, March 12 (IANS) Actor Rajinikanth on Thursday said his proposed party will be facing two giants with a strong infrastructure and money power in the ensuing 2021 elections.

Addressing the reporters here about the systemic change he wants to bring in politics, Rajinikanth without naming DMK and its President M.K. Stalin said on one side there is a party which is out of power in the state for the past 10 years and wants to get back into power.

Rajinikanth said the DMK party’s leader has to prove that he is a worthy successor to the departed leader (M. Karunanidhi). He has to prove his legacy. It is a matter of life and death for him.

On the other side there is the ruling party (AIADMK) which also has strong party infrastructure and has the Kuber’s cash chest to fight the elections.

Rajinikanth pointing out the absence of AIADMK leader late J. Jayalalithaa and DMK’s late Karunanidhi said there is a leadership vacuum now.

He said 30 per cent of the voters voted for the party – DMK and the AIADMK – and the remaining 70 per cent voted for late M. Karunanidhi and late J. Jayalalithaa.

According to him, with both the leaders now dead, there is a vacuum that needs to be filled.

On the reason for sharing his views – leadership of party and the government to be kept separate; 60-65 per cent of the election tickets for people in the age group of 45-50 and the balance to honest professionals, judges, IAS officials and others – he said it is time for him to share his political thoughts upfront.

Urging the media to spread his political thought across the state and the country he added that if there is a wave and the movement in favour of this policy or new system then the opposing giants will be shattered to pieces.

“This revolution should happen now. I am already 71. If one misses now the next opportunity will be in 2026 and I will be 76. Let there be a people’s movement in favour of this policy.

“Change in politics, change in governance should happen now. If it doesn’t happen now, it will never happen,” he said.

–IANS

vj/skp/

YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN

Modi’s visit to Bharat Biotech is strong motivation: Naidu

CanIndia New Wire Service

Modi’s visit to Bharat Biotech is strong motivation: Naidu

CanIndia New Wire Service

Accept Shah’s appeal, Punjab CM urges protesting farmers

CanIndia New Wire Service

Protect peace & tranquility of Hyderabad: KCR to voters

CanIndia New Wire Service

Yediyurappa will complete his term as CM, asserts K’taka BJP

CanIndia New Wire Service

BJP ups ante for Hyderabad civic body polls

CanIndia New Wire Service

Sandalwood drugs case: Sanjjanaa moves HC again seeking bail

CanIndia New Wire Service

‘Would walk till Fatehabad if need arises,’ says sportsman stuck at Tikri Border

CanIndia New Wire Service

8 more Rohingyas from Myanmar held in Assam

CanIndia New Wire Service

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER

Stay up to date with the latest news and exclusive offers directly in your inbox