New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) Men should avoid slouchy denims and pants, and pick ankle length jeans or shorts to enjoy the rains, suggest experts.
Ameya Chaudhari, stylist at Threads and Shirts, a customised shirts company, and Nishita Kesaria, designer at NICHE, a fashion house, have a few tips:
* During monsoon, wear comfortable clothes that are light-weight and airy. Heavy fabrics like leather and wool must not be considered.
* Avoid slouchy denims and pants as they can become dirty because they tend to touch the muck and puddle water.
* Synthetic fabrics like nylon, lycra and crepe should be kept aside because it will get very uncomfortable as the material will stick to your body if it gets wet or humid.
* It does feel good to lighten up the dull gloomy weather with a riot of colours. Some light colourful fabrics, printed tees and light cotton shirts are monsoon must-haves. Colours like pink, blue and purple will uplift your mood.
* Denim shorts and chinos work best to prevent mud stains. You can also go for printed shorts and tees.
* Casual sneakers and rubber soled loafers are perfect to protect your feet.