Madrid, Aug 20 (IANS) Spain’s Rafael Nadal maintained the No. 1 spot in the men’s Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) world singles rankings released on Monday with 10,040 points.
Nadal, who stayed atop the rankings table despite not playing last week, was followed by Switzerland’s Roger Federer and Argentina’s Juan Martin del Potro in second and third place respectively, reports Efe.
Alexander Zverev of Germany remained in fourth, ahead of fifth-placed Kevin Anderson of South Africa.
After defeating Federer in the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati on Sunday, Serbia’s Novak Djokovic climbed from 10th spot to sixth while Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov dropped three positions to come eighth behind Marin Cilic of Croatia.
David Goffin of Belgium joined the top-10 list at the expense of American John Isner, who fell to 11th spot.
The current top-10 ATP rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 10,040 Points
2. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 7,080
3. Juan Martin del Potro (Argentina) 5,500
4. Alexander Zverev (Germany) 4,845
5. Kevin Anderson (South Africa) 4,615
6. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 4,445
7. Marin Cilic (Croatia) 4,445
8. Grigor Dimitrov (Bulgaria) 3,790
9. Dominic Thiem (Austria) 3,485
10. David Goffin (Belgium) 3,435.