Colombo, July 4 (IANS) Sri Lanka’s Health Ministry on Thursday said a majority of those injured in the Easter Sunday terror explosions have been discharged from hospitals.
Director General of Health Services of the Health Ministry, Dr Anil Jasinghe, told Xinhua news agency that over 400 people had been injured in the April 21 Easter suicide bombings and to date a majority have been released from hospitals.
Over 250 people were killed in the attacks on three churches, three luxury hotels and two other locations. The Islamic State had claimed responsibility for the carnage.
“Only a few continue to remain in hospital. While we are sad at the number of deaths and injured, we are satisfied with the services we could render to the victims,” Jasinghe said.
The police have arrested over 100 suspects over the attacks.