New Delhi, Oct 7 (IANS) The fashion world is welcoming autumn-winter 2017 with the newest trends. From Fendis fierce goth look to Dolce & Gabbanas romantic classic, there were many trenfs to take inspirations from just concluded fashion weeks internationally, say experts.
Sushma Khan, National Creative Director- Makeup, Lakmé Salon and TIGI Educator, Audrey D’Souza come together to decode three of most iconic looks that stole the show at the international fashion weeks.
* Dolce and Gabbana
* By Audrey D’Souza: This season, Dolce and Gabbana moved away from their classic-updo to an old Hollywood inspired look. Ornamental headpieces adorned with flowers, and jewels finished the look.
To get this look start by washing your hair with a shampoo that adds shine. Apply a small amount of Serum to damp hair from your mid-lengths to the ends, to smooth the hair and keep the fly-aways at bay. Blow-dry or straighten your hair, depending on its natural texture. Then, add your ornament or headband of choice and secure using hairpins.
* By Sushma Khan: Dark rosy red lips are a raging trend right now. The key to wearing it fearlessly is choosing the right shade and balancing it with winged eyes.
Start with a lip liner one shade darker than your lipstick shade and outline your lip. Warmer skin tones can opt for bold maroons and burgundies as they will complement your complexion. Cool undertones can opt for deeper plums, oxbloods, and blackcurrant shades, that will accentuate your skin colour. Next, carefully fill in your lips with the chosen shade using a lipstick brush. Use a nude shimmer shadow on your eye-lids and highlight the arches below the brows. Create a thin winged line with a liquid liner and finish with a coat of mascara.
* By Audrey D’Souza: Fendi channelled classic street styles, using hair colours in bright shades of Turquoise and Green. The look also featured asymmetric bangs and sleek ponytails.
To get this look start by pre-lightening your hair to palest yellow. Next, style your hair on the roots to get that perfect texture. Blow dry the rest of your hair along with a cocktail of serum and After Party for that silky-smooth finish on semi dry hair.
* By Sushma Khan: To get the morning-fresh face use strobing to apply the base and primer. Conceal the problem areas and use a highlighter to define your best features. Use a nude eyeshadow which matches your skin tone and spread it all over the eyelids. Opt for a jet-black matte liner and create a thick strong wing which extends till the outer-end of your eyebrows. Extend the liner slightly on the inner corner of the eyes as well. Curl the lashes and use a voluminous mascara to add drama to the eyes. Keep the cheeks and eyebrows natural. For the lips- choose a desert rose tint.
* By Audrey D’Souza: Marni’s runway looks for the season focussed on messy, wet hair that is both effortless and high-fashion.
Start by washing and conditioning your hair. Style the wet hair and pull your hair back in a loose ponytail. To finish the look , spray for shine and hold.
* By Sushma Khan: The key to this look is that when playing with your eye makeup, keep the rest of your face relatively muted and your hair off your neck.
To get the gorgeous dewy skin, start with a hydrating moisturizer to prep your skin. Pick a dewy foundation and use the coveted strobing technique to give your skin a healthy glow. Shape the brows with powder colour shadow matching to your hair colour. Dab a matte neutral highlighter only on your high points and use a sapphire blue cream shadow on socket line using thick long strokes. Use a lighter shade of same shadow in cream to highlight the eye lids. Line your waterline with a white kohl liner. Lightly dab some highlighter on your eyelid to make the colour pop. Prep your lips by gently exfoliating them using a lip scrub and use a soft peach or pink lip tint.