New Delhi, May 26 (IANS) A kitchen requires regular maintainance in order to function properly. Clean your Kitchen surface and all appliances with a soft cloth using warm water and get a routine service done for all pull-out drawer systems, says an expert.
Neeti Macker, co-founder, The Homemakers, a modular kitchen and furniture company, shares a few tips for maintaining a modular kitchen.
* Wipe appliances: Wipe clean your kitchen surface and all appliances with a soft cloth using warm water and a very mild detergent. Add a few drops of disinfectant occasionally to make it odour and germ free. Dust, dirt and grime may put stainless steel appliances at risk for rusting.
* Wipe dishes: Cleaning with a cloth and warm water is your safest approach for everyday fingerprints and food stains. Wipe dry the dishes before placing them in the kitchen drawer units. This will help you maintain the new look of the cabinets for long and will also keep cockroaches and insects at bay.
* Drain off: The stainless steel and plastic rack is stable, durable, low-maintenance, and reasonably priced so drain off excess water accumulated in drip tray attached to the dish rack in overhead cabinet, on a daily basis and clean it with warm water, detergent and scrubber occasionally.
* Cabinet cleaning: Make it part of your daily routine to wipe your kitchen shutters with a slightly wet soft cloth. You should also wipe clean the cabinets at least once in a fortnight.
* Ensure leakages: Ensure leakages, if any, in the kitchen are immediately taken care of. Get routine service done for all pull out drawer systems and appliances to ensure their smooth functioning for years to come.