Starting this week, the Region of Peel will collect yard waste every other week in Brampton and Mississauga until September 26.
Residents should visit www.peelregion.ca/waste and use www.peelregion.ca/waste-scripts/when-does-it-go to check their waste collection calendar.
Yard waste must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on a resident’s collection day, in appropriate bins, containers and/or bags. A bin/container used for yard waste collection must be:
• Clearly labelled “yard waste”
• Rigid and reusable, with handles that are attached or moulded to the exterior
• Smaller than 60 centimetres (24 inches) wide by 95 cm (38 in) high
• Weigh less than 20 kilograms (44 lb) when full
A Kraft paper bag used for yard waste collection must:
• Support a maximum weight of 20 kg (44 lb) when lifted, without tearing
• Securely close when full
• Be smaller than 66 cm (26 in) wide by 90 cm (35 in) high
Residents are reminded that yard brush must be cut down and securely tied in bundles no more than four feet (1.2 metres) long and 30 inches (76 cm) wide.
Residents can also use a garbage container or blue/grey box to set out yard waste for collection. All repurposed containers must be in good condition and be clearly labelled “yard waste” to be collected.
Yard waste can also be dropped off at the region’s Community Recycling Centres. See www.peelregion.ca/waste/community-recycling-centres for locations. -CINEWS